Friday, December 26, 2008

Toner Scam

Rizsan contributes:
I am sitting in my office and overhear Tim getting slightly ramped up on the phone. This never happens. The debate got more and more interesting and Tim point/counter pointed back and forth.

Backstory:

It seems that Young Timo has fallen victim to a Toner Scam. He got cold called and said yes to a good deal on toner that turned out to be not a good deal at all.
He called the company and said he wanted to return the product.

We did not pay in advance, so that's good...

He had to call the "big Boss" in order to return.

Big Boss said no and gave Time two options.

1. Keep the product and pay full (exorbitant) invoice. Boss would not report bad debt on Tim's credit.

2. Return the product and pay re-stocking fee.(still exorbitant)

Tim said he did not like either option and said to Boss,
"NO, YOU have two options.

1. Take the product back.
2. I throw it away.

I will not pay your re-stocking fee."

Boss said, "well, I do not have control over re-stocking fee."

Tim says, "Wait, if you are Big Boss, why are you the first person answering the phone and why can't you control re-stocking fee?" Big Boss got all shook up and hung up on Tim. I say Tim wins all the Argue points here.

John Dingley said:
Cold calling Maine - .99 cent per minute
Chinese Toner - $764.84
Re-stocking Fee - $164.48
Toner shoved in your baloney hole - Priceless

No comments:

Post a Comment